Dumfries ASC - #TEAM
Dumfries ASC Privacy Notice
Dumfries ASC Members Club Privacy Notice
Dumfries ASC is a competitive swimming club, offering Age Group, Masters & Open Water Swimming. Dumfries ASC are affiliated to Scottish Swimming.
Dumfries ASC will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us either in this form or through our website, www.dumfriesasc.co.uk unless otherwise stated.
Members’ personal data
When you register as a member of Dumfries ASC or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 16, we will ask you for the following personal information:
contact details – name, address, email address, date of birth.
membership criteria / category – for example, athlete, parent, volunteer.
payment details – bank account number, sort code, card details.
participation details – for example, parent, athlete.
emergency contact details - name, address & phone number.
Medical forms (swimmers only)
Volunteers’ personal data
When you volunteer with Dumfries ASC, we will ask you for the following personal information:
• contact details – name, address, email address, date of birth.
• participation details – for example, parent, committee, etc.
• PVG membership.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
Members’ personal data
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
• provide you with core member services, including insurance, licensing, voting & PVG checks.
• set up your online membership account on Active Network and administer your account online.
• send you communications via email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals, membership fees’ and information related to the club and other activities relating to your swimmer.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Participants’ personal data
When you book a place with us for and attend a coaching course, competition, event, training course, etc, we need to collect your personal information so that we can honour your booking and to enable you to participate in the course, competition, event, etc.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this make affect our ability to book your place.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
Members’ personal data
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• promote and encourage participation in Swimming disciplines by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes.
• provide competition in Swimming disciplines by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category.
• develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming courses, renewal requirements and verify that you have completed any mandatory training and PVG / child protection requirements.
• respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to Swimming disciplines, we will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, to suspend membership or take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Volunteers’ personal data
We will need to collect personal information relating to criminal convictions or alleged commission of criminal offences where you are required to complete a PVG check under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. This information will include your PVG certificate number, PVG membership number, date of issue and any relevant information in relation to your membership of the PVG Scheme.
If your PVG certificate is not clear, we will have a legitimate interest to collect references and any other applicable information to allow us to consider whether or not you can volunteer in a regulated role with children and/or vulnerable adults.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes.
If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on email@example.com. If we comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a volunteer.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members, volunteers, participants, athletes for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
• the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may share this with Scottish Swimming, SASA West District, Local Press, Dumfries ASC Website, Social Media & our Dumfries ASC Notice board for promotional and/or journalistic purposes. If you have any objections to this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
Dumfries ASC employs third party suppliers to provide services, including transactional services, billing, event entry & membership. These suppliers may process personal information on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
SGB members’ personal data
As an affiliated club of Scottish Swimming we are required to ensure that all of our members are members of Scottish Swimming as a condition of our affiliation.
We will share name & membership category with Scottish Swimming who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it. Scottish Swimming’s privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed here https://www.scottishswimming.com/membership/data-protection.aspx
Athletes’ / Participants’ personal data
We publish the results of our competitions on our website, www.dumfriesasc.co.uk. This includes competitors’ name and results.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK. This I also the case for our paper files which are kept securely and is accessed by our staff and volunteers for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
Members’ personal data
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 6 years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of Dumfries ASC and for how long. We need to do this to comply with the Companies Act 2006, which requires us to keep a register of members or in the event of a claim against Dumfries ASC.
Athletes’ personal data
We keep our athletes’ personal information for 6 years with the exception of club records which we keep until records are broken.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at email@example.com
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Dumfries ASC will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Why we need your personal information – marketing
Where you are happy for us to do so, we would like to contact you by email with information about Swimming Disciplines, our latest news and upcoming events / competitions / courses.
We will assume consent is given for the following unless we hear otherwise.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you DO NOT consent to any of the options below.
Information about Swimming Disciplines
Latest news about the club etc
Details of upcoming events
You may change your preferences at any time or request that we stop sending you email communications by contacting us at email@example.com.
Dumfries ASC’s third-party service provider is currently Active Network - https://activeworks.active.com/login.faces